Translate

Traveling through the city of love (Paris!)




I always dreamt of traveling to Paris with the love of my life and guess what last august a dream came true. Summer time is a traveling season for most people living in Norway since schools are closed for the summer holiday. Me and my boyfriend always look forward planning for the next summer holiday. So last year we decided to visit Paris, new country, new city, new language and none of us had ever been to Paris  how great!

Food


Because I am a foodie, well I can’t write about Paris and not tell you what food culture I experienced. We lived not so far from down town, it was two stops on the metro, so this made it easy for us to walk around the most popular places in the city. We lived in Bercy and there was this place called Bercy village. It is basically a street with different restaurant facing each other. But one restaurant caught my attention and that is Hippopotamus- steak house. The service was great, the place was beautiful, I liked how they designed the inside of the restaurant reminded me of my favourite restaurant in Norway. So, if you ever go to Paris check out this restaurant, it has branches around the city.

Bercy Village

Places to visit


Now let the tourists in me come out. To be honest I loved all the places we visited and to make it easier we had a plan for each day.

View from  top floor of the Eiffel Tower
·      Let me start the Eiffel tower. We visited this place twice, in the day and in the night, we wanted to experience both. So, in the day we decided to go to the top of the tower, plan was to have dinner on the second-floor restaurant but damn they had a long waiting time. If you ever want to go up the Eiffel tower make sure you wake up early and be there by the time the place opens because the line was too long. I think we waited for two hours before we went up (used the elevator). The view was worth the wait though.

Disney land
·      Disney Land. We took a train straight to Disney land took almost an hour or more and the good news is that it was free entrance (jackpot). I don’t know if it is always free entrance, but the day we went it was. If you wanted to go to the amusement park, the theatre and other places you had to buy tickets for those places. We did not need it, so we spend the day walking in different parks and different shops (a girl needed to do some shopping😉).

We went sightseeing on a boat, took like one hour and saw most of the tourist’s places from a distance, Visited Musée du Louvre (The museum with Mona lisa painting), Parc Des Princes which is a football stadium for PSG. Went to Pont des Arts, a bridge full of padlocks that couples put there to" lock their love".  

PSG stadium

Cost


I cannot write about traveling and not talk about economy. We spent around 2800US dollars for the whole trip including flight tickets, hotel, shopping, all the tourists place we visited, food etc. For all the places we visited, I realised one thing, in Paris you have to be patient to stand in a queue before you get service whether at the airport or in the mall.



Comments

  1. Reading your story makes me want to visit Paris again 😍 love it ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly wonderful jamila,thank you so much for sharing these amazing experiences you've had, they are very inspiring 🥰.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts